JIMMY DURANTE: IN PERSON & AT THE PIANO
1. BILL BAILEY, WON'T YOU PLEASE COME HOME?
2. WHAT YOU GOIN' TO DO WHEN THE RENT COMES 'ROUND?
4. I'M A VULTURE FOR HORTICULTURE
5. IT'S MY NOSE'S BIRTHDAY
6. I'LL DO THE STRUT-AWAY IN MY CUT-AWAY
7. I'M THE GUY WHO FOUND THE LOST CHORD
8. THE DAY I READ A BOOK
9. FUGITIVE FROM ESQUIRE
10. CHIDABEE, CHIDABEE, CHIDABEE
11. THE STATE OF ARKANSAS
12. DOLLAR A YEAR MAN
13. LITTLE BIT THIS, A LITTLE BIT THAT
14. START OFF EACH DAY WITH A SONG
15. MAD BIRD MELODY
16. I WANT A GIRL
17. INKA DINKA DOO
18. YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU
19. CAROLINA IN THE MORNING
20. BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON
21. TAKE AN "L"
22. SHINE ON HARVEST MOON
23. THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE
24. IDA! SWEET AS APPLE CIDER
25. GOOD NIGHT
26. THE SONG'S GOTTA COME FROM THE HEART
27. A REAL PIANO PLAYER
In Person & At The Piano
Artist: Jimmy Durante
Date: April 2019
delightful and amusing recordings by the legendary comedian-singer-pianist Jimmy
Durante spotlight his classic MGM vocal recordings, such as I'll Do the
Strut-Away in My Cut-Away and Chidabee, Chidabee, Chidabee (Yah! Yah!
Yah!), which were gathered together first as a 10" LP in 1952 then
enlarged to a 12" LP in 1956, and which now make their stand-alone debut on CD
packaged with the novel original MGM cover artwork.
first time on CD are Durante's complete instrumental 1959 Decca stereo album "at the Piano: In Person," including unusual non-vocal versions of Inka
Dinka Doo and Start Off Each Day with a Song, and two wonderful (and
rare) duets recorded with dramatic soprano Helen Traubel, The Song's Gotta
Come From the Heart and A Real Piano Player.
carefully-remastered sound, with new notes and a discography.